Pages

My Signature Nightstands

Happy New Year!  For the last couple of days we had some pretty crazy foggy weather here in the west coast BC but that didn't dampen my spirit a bit. 



With the pending hiking trip to the 75km West Coast Trail this summer, 2015 has me looking forward to it.  I am so excited!!!

So are you dying to find out what I have been up to?

I got these pair of lovely bedside tables recently through Craigslist.  The style reminds me of midcentury but I don't think they are authentically midcentury. 



I am quite fond of them so decided to let them shine by simply painting them in my signature Tiffany blue color with some gold accent.  And then finished the bedside tables off with some cute saying, "hello there HANDSOME", "GOOD MORNING gorgeous". 

 
One last thing... I always wax my painted furniture for durability. There are many wax products out there but I chose to use hardwood floor wax. I figured if it is durable enough for foot traffic, it's good enough for furniture.  So what do you think? 
 
 
 
Here's another set of nightstands that I painted last year using the exact same color.  The color looks different because the photo was taken with sunset in the background.
 
 
 

To be perfectly honest, I haven't felt much desire to do further furniture makeover.  I first got into painting furniture more or less out of necessity.  It was much more affordable to furnish my new house with used furniture than new ones.  Then I got hooked doing it because of the rewards and satisfaction of turning something ordinary into something unique and appreciated.  It brings me so much joy when my painted furniture goes to people who love them for what it is.  I also like the fact that I am helping the environment by saving furniture from landfills.  I remember I bought a dresser from an owner who was an hour away from sending it to the junk yard.  Unfortunately, with the prices of used furniture going up like stock market in my area, I don't think I will be able to keep up with this hobby.   I will continue to keep an eye out for the right piece of furniture and share them with you here on my blog.  And if you have any inspirations for furniture makeover, I would love to hear them from you.  I am always on the lookout for unique idea for my next project =)

Until next time...


Sharing with Party Junk, Silver Pennies SundaysYour Designs This TimeFrom Dream To Reality and Miss Mustard Seed link parties.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the graphics you put on top! What a great idea!
    Sorry it is so hard to find inexpensive pieces in your area. My best and cheapest finds are from garage sales, but that is only during the summer. Hopefully you'll have better luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous!! What a great idea about the wax!!! I hope your training for BMO goes well! I may see you there :)

    ReplyDelete