Pages

Coastal Style Bench


My house is nowhere near a beach.  But since I’ve always adored beach style houses, one day I just decided to bring a little bit of coastal touch to my house with this humble bench.



For me the biggest challenge of this project was the designing.  Like a little kid in a candy store, there were so many things I wanted to incorporate into the design.  I wanted sand dollar, seahorse, mermaid, crab, starfish, whale…  It was hard but eventually I narrowed down my choices to seahorse and starfish.  Even though I have a thing for seahorses, in the end I felt that starfish would be the winner from a design perspective.   

I quickly went to work by chalk painting the bench in a green/blue color to complement the coastal theme.  I used Mod Podge to transfer the image printed from a laser printer onto the bench. 


I was really happy with how the starfish image turned out but, though I couldn’t quite put my finger on it, the bench felt incomplete to me…  So I decided to google “beach rules” for inspiration and found exactly what was needed for the bench.  Now the bench looks complete. 


This is one of my favorite projects and I look forward to creating another coastal design.  Perhaps, next time I will choose seahorse.



Sharing with Thrifty-Decor-Chick, Trash-To-Treasure-Tuesday's, Brag-About-It, Coastal-Charm, Twirl-and-Take-a-Bow, Miss-Mustard-Seed and Show-Me-What-Ya-Got link parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment